Welcome

Welcome to the JRB art blog! If you are a parent, I hope seeing what we are creating in class will help you discuss your child's artwork with them!
If you are another art teacher, feedback is welcome! Whoever you are, please leave a comment!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December Newsletter



During the month of December all students will be finishing pattern projects from November and reviewing the concepts we have learned so far this year.

Through the theme of winter and holiday art, students will review line, shape, and pattern, combining the concepts into one piece of art. Artists such as Mondrian and Monet will be studied. As always, check the art blog for updates and images.

Hopefully you all enjoyed viewing the artwork in the lobby as you visited for parent-teacher conferences. The Gratitude Tree will remain in the lobby through the first of the year for everyone the peruse. It is such a beautiful reflection of our school community! I hope you have enjoyed reading the hands as much as I have.

Thank you so much to everyone who ordered from the Square 1 fundraiser. Products will be arriving soon. I am so excited to see the children’s art reproductions!

Lastly, I would like to hearken back to my English teacher days and share a Robert Frost poem about winter. It is a famous one, so I’m sure you’ve read it before. Take some time to appreciate the season, both literally and figuratively. Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season!

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sounds the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment