Welcome

Welcome to the JRB art blog! If you are a parent, I hope seeing what we are creating in class will help you discuss your child's artwork with them!
If you are another art teacher, feedback is welcome! Whoever you are, please leave a comment!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Parent Letter: To Be Sent Home on Your Child's First Day of Art Class



Hello and welcome to a brand new school year!


I am excited to introduce myself to you as your child’s new art teacher at J.R. Briggs! My name is Kristi DiSalle, and you may recognize me from Overlook Middle School, where I have been teaching for the last five years. I grew up in Ashburnham and attended Briggs, having Mrs. Richard as an art teacher those many years ago. Her retirement last year offered me the opportunity to move to the lower level and teach a discipline I have loved for as long as I can remember.

I am looking forward to sharing your child’s accomplishments in art with you this year. To assist in our communication, I have created a blog where I will post images and updates for your perusal. Please feel free to post comments and questions when you visit! Your kids will love them! 


Your child will bring home much of their art throughout the school year. This is a special occasion for them! Each child’s artwork is unique, a special part of him or her. Please take a moment to share the art with your child. Ask your child to tell you about his/her art. After talking together, find a special place to hang it for the family to see, such as on a door or refrigerator. This will help build your child’s self-esteem, as art is a very personal expression for kids.

 
Lastly, I have attached a few questions for you answer, in order to provide me with a better picture of your child’s relationship with art. Please complete them at your leisure, and return with the sketchbook during our next cycle. Again, I am so thrilled to be working with your children and look forward to a wonderfully creative year!

Child’s Name: _______________________________
Grade/Class: _______________________________
What kinds of artwork does your child do at home? ______________________________________
Where in your home does your child do artwork?______________________________________
Where in your home do you display your child’s artwork?______________________________________
Is there artwork by other people on display in your home?______________________________________
Has your family recently visited children’s museums, craft shows, or other places where art is displayed?______________________________________
Would you be interested in sharing any artwork that you or family members have done or could you demonstrate an art technique to the children?______________________________________

Would you be interested in volunteering in the art classroom?____________________________________





Thank you so much for your time and support!
Sincerely,
Mrs. DiSalle 

No comments:

Post a Comment